Website SIMMS Health
Are you personable and accommodating?
Are you result-oriented ?
Are you able to follow-through on commitments?
Do you have strong work ethic?
Are you able to establish and maintain positive relationships with people with diverse backgrounds ?
If the answer to all these questions is Y E S!
Then, WE WANT YOU!
We are looking for an Admissions Coordinator to join our team!
Simms Health is a private practice located in thriving downtown Martinsburg with a mission to provide extraordinary therapeutic services, be an integral resource for the community, and work to end the stigma associated with mental health treatment through a client-centered approach
As Admissions Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the intake of individuals for inpatient care, Oversee the assessment, referral and admission activities of the department, coordinate referrals and provide over-the-phone and in person client assessments.
Our perfect applicant must have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Social Work ,a Licensed Social Worker (an advantage), 1 – 2 years of work experience in a behavioral/Mental Health facility or in an admission related environment and must be familiar with inpatient admission criteria, court ordered process for Mental Health treatment in the State of West Virginia.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clinical screening/assessment for potential admissions for in-patient services. Initiate contact. Interview patient, family members and/or collateral sources to gather required clinical and demographic data to ensure admission criteria is met.
- Ensures that clear and accurate documentation are always entered on the appropriate forms and keyed into the computer system.
- Provides patient and family education as needed. Explains facility services, programs and policies, admission policies and procedures, and ensures patient and/or guardian understands them.
- Provides information and referral services for internal and external customers.
- Answers all incoming admission call inquiries, documents the calls regarding admission and accurately inputs the necessary information into the system.
- Conducts Insurance Verification and pre-certification of benefits.
- Ensures that all relevant ethical and professional standards of practice are maintained.
- Respond to client complaints by communicating to appropriate departments.
- Identifying and reporting new referral source opportunities
- Submitting weekly reports
- Other duties as may be assigned.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to follow through with Intake Checklist.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, always.
- Follow-through on commitments. Live up to verbal and written agreements.
- Clear understanding of the need for appropriate patient/staff boundaries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Able to convey genuine empathy and compassion through words and tone of voice.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, families and referral sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone.
- Ability to maintain impeccable documentation.
- Exceptional collaboration skills to thrive in team-oriented settings.
- Ability to innovatively solve problems while adhering to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills, Highly Organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Demonstrates strong ethical values and professional behavior reflective of Simms Health’s mission- vision and philosophy.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and can quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Result-oriented and able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Proficient in Computer and software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
For enquiries please email :LNeri@immshealth.com
To apply for this job please visit immshealth.com.