National Association of Social Workers - Maine Chapter
National Association of Social Workers – Maine Chapter
The Maine Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of 800, is seeking a Part- Time Executive Director who with demonstrate leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with 120,000 members <http://socialworkers.org/images/new_look/MembershipMap-Sept2013.jpg> nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the Maine Chapter Board of Directors.
* Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
* Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience
* College degree required; MSW preferred
* Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, staff supervision, strategic planning experience, and continuing education programs
* Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
* Solid program planning and implementation skills
* Strong public policy experience and skills
* Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
* Community organizing experience
* Exceptional written and oral communications skills
* Experience working with traditional and social media
* Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
* Experience in fundraising, grant writing and management
* Basic proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/ “cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Augusta, Maine; travel required to other Maine communities, as needed. Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
Application deadline: November 5, 2020
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé addressing above qualifications, to: email@example.com , Subject title ” Maine Executive Director”.
NASW-ME is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org