Website National Youth Advocate Program
The Wheeling team is hiring a dynamic and engaging individual to join the team as a Safe at Home Facilitator. This position offers the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by providing support to families striving for safe permanency for children.
NYAP, a non-profit organization, has been serving the needs of youth and families for over 40 years! With over 1000 staff in 10 states, we are a group of dedicated life-changers working to “Be a Part of Something Bigger”!
The Facilitator – Safe at Home will perform duties including, but not limited to:
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with the National Youth Advocate Program’s mission, values, and philosophies.
- Family facilitation, mediation, or conflict resolution.
- Strengths-based assessment and planning.
- Communication and relate to diverse groups and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Perform all duties in accordance with personnel policies and fiscal guidelines.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Must be license-eligible with the West Virginia Board of Social Work.
- Must have a knowledge base for mental illness, diagnosis and behavioral disorders.
- Two years relevant experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Proficient use of desktop and laptop computers, smart phones and tablets, printers, fax machines and photocopiers as well as software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- A commitment to working with youth and families.
- Must be able to collaborate closely with a team of family members and professionals to develop and implement individual plans of care.
- May carry a caseload of up to 10 youth/families.
The person in this position needs to follow a team concept and support both agency goals and co-workers. Employees must be able to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds.
The National Youth Advocate Program (NYAP) is a not-for-profit 501(3)c organization that has provided cost effective, community based services and support to children, youth, and families since 1978. NYAP provides a wide array of services to youth and families in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana and Nevada.
NYAP is committed to supporting and protecting youth and families and strengthening the communities they serve. We provide opportunities and resources to youth and families through our innovative programs and services. NYAP strongly supports and offers guidance to our dedicated foster parents, work hard to build community support and advocate with public agencies and officials on behalf of youth and families.
Become a part of the NYAP family! We offer company sponsored training such as CPR/CPI, along with the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short Term Disability Insurance, Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance and a $50,000 Life Insurance Policy, as well as a generous paid time off policy.
For more information visit www.nyap.org
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.