The new Mental Health Loan Repayment Program is now accepting applications.
You will find the application on the CFWV Financial Aid website https://secure.cfwv.com/Financial_Aid_Planning/Scholarships/Scholarships_and_Grants/Mental_Health_Loan_Repayment_Program.aspx
The Mental Health Loan Repayment Program’s purpose is to provide incentive for practicing mental health professionals to deliver therapy or counseling services in underserved areas of West Virginia. Eligibility requirements for applicants are:
* Certify you possess educational debt in an amount equal to or exceeding $10,000 or offered award amount.
* Award Payments must be used only towards qualified educational debt. Qualified Educational debt is defined as any government, commercial, or foundation loans for actual costs paid for tuition, reasonable education, and living expenses related to graduate or undergraduate education.
* Please note: You cannot complete the STLR and MHLRP concurrently. You can apply to the program after you complete your service obligation to the other program.
* Be a graduate of an accredited program at an institution of higher education, having obtained a degree preparing them for licensure and is currently licensed as one of the following:
* Licensed doctoral clinical psychologist
* Master’s level licensed psychologist
* Licensed independent clinical social worker
* Licensed certified social worker
* Licensed professional counselor
* Licensed marriage and family therapist
* Other mental health disciplines identified by the Senior Director of Health Sciences as experiencing a shortage of practitioners
* Be employed full time or part time in an underserved area in West Virginia, providing individual and group counseling or therapy for a majority of their practice at an eligible practice site.
* Must be willing to agree to a service obligation agreement for either a one year of full-time (a minimum of 40 hours/week) or two years of part-time (a minimum of 20 hours /week) practice. All eligible service sites must be in West Virginia.
* Be a West Virginia Resident
Please direct any questions to: BehavioralHealth@wvhepc.edu